Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Scarlet Past -By Evanne Lorraine **SonSet-by KevaD** Huntsman1: Lights Out-by Amber Green

 ***Book scheduled to be released 11/20/10***
A Scarlet Past is now available at Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/A-Scarlet-Past-ebook/dp/B004CYESW6/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1291346637&sr=1-1








A Scarlet Past-by Evanne Lorraine

When I first read the summary of the story I was a little put off about it because I am not much on the war scene, however, the war was only the back drop of the story. If you are not into the war scene, this book will be perfect for you. If you are looking for the blood and guts at the front line of a war, you may be disappointed. But, if you read on you will get some of that violence that you are thirsting for.

The plot in A Scarlet Past was not one I was expecting. The author wrote in a great wave of storytelling that had me snared in minutes. It was very well written and told with a web of violence and sultry romance. A web that I effortlessly got ensnared in. The relationship between the two main characters was steamy in an animalistic way; the words were very descriptive to say the least.

"Even if he were just being chivalrous, he'd swept her off her paws."  This is not quite the phrase you would  expect to read  when a woman talks about her feelings in a romantic situation. But, it is the unexpected words like this that makes this story so interesting and keep you wanting more.

The only problem I had with this story is that it was too short. I think the reason I say this is because I was enjoying it so much that I did not want it to end.

I read that Evanne Lorraine has another book coming out in January 2011 called A Taste of Scarlet. I can't wait to get my hands on it so that I can read it also! I was very impressed with her work and I see her making it far in this business. I will be looking for all of her work here on out.

SonSet-by KevaD
  
This was a short story that followed A Scarlet Past. The scene was set during a war with very unique farmers as the soldiers. Unlike the previous story, the war scene was not just a back drop, it was front and center. As I said earlier in the review, I am not much on the war scene, however, the story had me riveted in the first paragraph. It was very well written and the story line was easy to follow. I would like the opportunity to read something else by KevaD so that I can get the true feeling of this authors writing. It had good closure to the story; the ending landed at the right time.

Huntsman 1: Lights Out-An excerpt by Amber Green
  
There is just one chapter of this story to tease you about what is to come. Boy, do I mean tease! The first chapter had me pulled in before I realized it. I will definitely be looking for this book so that I can continue reading it. Thanks for including the excerpt so that I could be introduced to this author and the story.

1 comment:

  1. "A Scarlet Past" sounds like fun. Maybe something like "Gone With the Wind"? Major kudos especially on "A Scarlet Past" review, for some reason the statement "Even if he were just being chivalrous, he'd swept her off her paws." is very enticing.

    Best Wishes,
    Alexander S. Brown
    www.traumatizedsouls.com

    ReplyDelete